2010. 8. 7.

What is i2daygb - issue today global?

"It Doesn't Hide Issues"

1. what is i2daygb service?

'i2daygb' stands for issue today global. The idea is started from that "how about showing most frequently mentioned words of Twitter?".

2. How it is possible?

But it is hard to check the whole words of Twitter because I am not the owner of Twitter. :)

So I just made 'i2daygb' account and followed famous twitter users (about 1000 people who have many followers - http://twittercounter.com global) and excluded some commercial user accounts.

And I developed the robot using Java with Twitter4J library.
The robot analyzes the timeline of i2daygb account and reports the statistical
information(top mention, top tag, top words) regularly.

'i2daygb' is for maintaining the famous twitter accounts and showing recent 1 day stats per 12 hours.
'inowgb' is for showing recent 3 hours stats per 1 hour. So you can follow any account for watching twitter trends words according to your life pattern.

3. Is there anything else?

Yes! It ignores some famous words like 'RT','a','the' and known issue words(from the stats of 2 days or 1 weeks ago).
And if you feel uncomfortable that your account is mentioned on the stats(if your account is frequently mentioned among famous twitter users, then you are on the trend list) just send me a message(to @i2daygb or @inowgb..whatever)
then, I will add your account on the ignore list of my robot.

And I have @issuetoday account for Korean people.

4. Future Plan?

If I have the language knowledge about other languages like Spanish, I will open the another account for that language. But I will focus on English service until it is stablized. It is still needed to tune the ignore word list for English service.

Thank you for your reading!

댓글 1개: